Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of looking and road trips picked up a 99 Mach Z Houle edition.Some tough decisions between a 01/02 MXZ 700/800 and the Mach Z.Did'nt want to lose the power ,smoothness and reliabiity of the triple as i still have a 97 Mach 1(maybe for sale now)Came out with a Houle edition with elect start,RER,2300 kms,pretty near mint except for 2 pulled out studs,$6000 Cdn.The front is slung pretty low,could i put in some longer shocks in from a 99 F111 or something to increase the front end travel or not.Will be putting in the ETS kit asap and losing the suitcase can.Any suggestions on a can,gearing,clutching on this RER sled that works well.Will do a search later to see what i can find but any input would be appreciated.No pics yet but one is for sale on Ebay.Mine is nicer though as it is mine.Havin a cold Bud Light right now to celebrate.Happy trails.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey skidoo 68,did you get this sled from Shelburn?? if so that is one sweet heart,I looked at it yesterday while the guys were waiting for you to come and look at it,.If you are interested, i have a set of 98 mach z springs and shocks that i would be willing to trade,mine have 1300 km on them,e-mail me. [email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya thats the Shelburne sled John.Took a few strips out off the lawn when i got home to Waterloo.I would like to buy the shocks/springs outright so i can see and feel the difference.If i don't like them i can put the orginals back on.Probally have alot more ride height but will gain more body roll and inside ski lift with the taller shocks i'm assuming.The other guy there was trying to sell us his green Neon at the end of the driveway LOL.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Did you guys get any snow in Kitchener/Waterloo???We got a foot in the Stayner area,and theres 2 feet in areas around ours.And yes the taller shocks/springs do unsettle the front end a bit,rode a few of my customeres 99 and newers,they seem to corner better.Im sure the udated sc10/2 helps keep the skis planted better as well.I also will have a b&b race can for 99 and newer forsale soon.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
skidoo68, dont use the Flll shocks as they are the junk motion control kind. A set off a 98 Z is the ticket, they are 2" taller than any other CK-3 Z's. I put them on my 00 F-lll and love them, if your a trail racer only, then stick with what you have[lower the better].
The ETS is a MUST. Precision skis is a MUST. This sled likes to see 8500 rpm for some reason. Dynoport can is the only one out there that is 4db louder than stock. It's 5-6 pounds lighter than stock, fits perfect and adds 5 h.p. $250.00 u.s. and built to last like stock....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We just got a tease for snow maybe 5cm.1hr north of us is more the snow belt area.They should have 6in or more by now.Was coming down good when we sidetracked to Mt Forest area for a visit.There expecting 15-25cm by tommorrow.Keep me updated on the B&B.How much do you want for it?Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey John will you sell the 98 MachZ shocks outright?

Mikadoo-Will be putting on the ETS,if i sell my 97 i'll take it off that skid.Have those EZ steers on the Flex skis right now.Have to try them out and see how they work before buying the precision skis.

Would like to get DNE stingers,have them on my 97 Mach1 and love the sound.Are they any good for the Mach Z?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I had the flex-skis with PCS device and they are a joke! Period!
There are people in the wanted section looking for flex-skis, sell them!
I sold mine for $200.00, bought the precision's for $300.00 and the difference is night and day! I cant say enough GOOD about precision skis!

Dne's are a little to loud for my ears and probably the law too.....
If you can pick up the shock for about $100.00 that would be a good deal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mikadoo: do u have the partnbr's required for putting on the precicionskis and the skis themselves? I also have a Mach Z -99 RER and want to decrease the push in corners. Another thing is the rear that is somethimes "katapulting" me!..what can be the fix for that? Øhlin's? : http://www.ohlins.com/
:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Formula500-For the rear you need the ETS kit,eliminates the kickback.The kit couples the front and rear.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Formula500, there are no specific part#'s for the skis. They come with different size bushings to fit all Doo's. Your sled is already set up to take the same bushings size you run now. E-mail jonny8skidoo for a good deal on the skis if you live in the U.S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts