Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are all the differences between a crossfore and firecat sled? Is the clutching the same? They look to be about the same.

·
Registered
74 Posts
crossfire is geared down more and has a longer track. firecats are 128's and crossfires are 136's. Firecat has a better top end.. but im willing to bet that the crossfire would take it off the line. Then engines are the same just clutched and geared diff. Also the X-fire is rider forward and the F-cat is not.

Im sure that there are many other things..but those are the basics.

-Keith

·
Registered
512 Posts
What are all the differences between a crossfore and firecat sled? Is the clutching the same? They look to be about the same.[/b]

Clutched differnt yes. I have a 06 Xfire. Rides very nice on all trails. I would say not the fastest off the line. I bet the Firecat is fast hands down. But its not geared towards speed. The Cross fire is a go any where doing anything type sled. Does good off trail, yet still trail rides very nice. I didn't notice any lose of trail handeling from my ZR to the x-fire. But I say my 700 is only a 90 mph sled. It runs up to 80 pretty good. But after that is gets kinda doggie. Its pushing alot of track around. But a blast to ride. If you not all about performace, its a good seld. Its just a great solid sled thats fun and easy to ride.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a '06 Crossfire 700. I had it at 112 GPS this year. Also, I was riding with a someone on a REV 800 and pulled him off the line up to around 80 when he started catching up. Your crossfire will certainly do more than 80mph!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
What are all the differences between a crossfore and firecat sled? Is the clutching the same? They look to be about the same.[/b]
They are different chassis's. The crossfire is build on the M chassis, wider tunnel and track and different intake. Basically a wide front end, with sway bar, like the Firecat on a M sled. Clutching, gearing, suspension different.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Clutching is actually almost Identical. My 05 firecat and my buddys 06 crossfire have the exact same weights, both springs and helix's. Both even have the 10" secondary, the crossfire has a longer centre to centre so thats the reason for the different belt. A 06 firecat would have a different helix and the 10.4, thats the only difference in clutching there.

Crossfire has the same cassie and tunnel as a 144" M series sled with the firecat front a-arms and suspension.

The crossfire is a better machine in every aspect IMO, except top end. His 06 has hit 105 on good trails where my firecat would be running around 112.
I'm gonna trade my firecat for one if that tells you anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts