Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about what are sno pros are comming with ? what options are they going to come with ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what I have seen the Sno-Pro will have Fox shocks w/remote reservoir, 1.375" lugs, chrome windshield, slightly lower gearing and stiffer suspensions-I think that's it but I could be wrong, I've been wrong before and if you don't believe me just ask my wife.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read that the Sno-Pro was going to have Fox shocks. Has that been changed or was I misinformed? Not sure about damping adjustments.

My dealer told me the Sno-pro was geared lower. That combined with the taller lugs will give it better trail acceleration but lower top speed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Direct drive mounts the secondary clutch directly to the drive axle so the jackshaft, chaincase, and related parts are eliminated. John Deere and Polaris have tried this concept before in low end models.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
direct drive would be sweet,means that it wouldnt be to far off for the consumer

·
Registered
582 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (doopilot @ Sep. 09, 2002, 9:20pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Direct drive mounts the secondary clutch directly to the drive axle so the jackshaft, chaincase, and related parts are eliminated. John Deere and Polaris have tried this concept before in low end models.[/b][/quote]
Direct drive is not exactly direct drive that you may think because the system that arctic cat (black dimond) will use and tht blade already uses is a gear box drive.  The chaincase, jackshaft and chain are eliminated, but a gear box takes there place near the secondary clutch.  Without the gear box the sled would have a very poor power delivery since there would be no gear ratio that the chaincase creates to give you power (or in the case of the gearbox) without this gear ration that it produces it would be a 1:1 ratio and there wouldnt be a good power delivery. But with the gearbox it saves weight because of the eliminatiopn or the jackshaft, chain and gives a more efficient power delivery because of less moving parts, also with the removal or the chain you dont have to worry about blowing one on the trail. And with a chaincase if you break the chain your brakes will not work because the brake stoppes the gears in the chain case and then down to the drive axel, but with gear box( direct drive) there is no chain to break and the brake is mounted on the drive shaft.

Also how polaris used direct drive because was true direct drive (with no gearbox) and the power delievery was poor so that idea was scrapped.

But on the new blade 4 stroke outlaw(formally venom) has a true direct drive set up because it does not need the gear box for the gear ration to make the power delivery of the sled good.  the engine produces so much tourque that it has true direct drive right from the secondary to the drive shaft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
also in a year i think you will be able to buy their direct drive system to put on your sled and will be available for all the brands
adds 15% more power to track but i bet its gonna cost!
also he said there was a big difference from ur standered drive system when they compared them i even think they had one in a watercross sled this summer not sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I was told there has been lots of changes from last years sled. but sorry guys from the person that i know stated there will be no direct drive on the sno pros this year, This person stated that Tucker may have it on his mod sled though. so i think you might see it the following year but look for a big increase on prices> but you never know whats going to happenen the sled are still being worked on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts