Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Nice.

What is that. Is that just parts or was it a sled caught in a fire. That looks messed up. LOL.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Opps! almost forgot.
They are: a 1999 T-cat and a 2002 ZL-800
Seems the float stuck while dragging them out from behind the barn. A small puddle of gas was left on the trailer (and he thought nothing of it) The big T-cat backfired on the second pull and went up in flames.
He tried to save the ZL-800, but because he left them outside all summer, the ski tie-down crank was rusted solid. Both tanks were full. All this took about 10 minutes.

Trap

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
OOOUUUUCCCCHHHHHHH!!!! Sure hope he had insurance! That's a hell of a way to start the season.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ins. co. paid for the ZL-800, trailer, black-top driveway, siding that melted off his house from 20' away, and the paint that burned off his garage (20' off to the other side). The T-cat was not insured.
Don't know if you can see it in the pic, but the trailer acctully melted at the rear (it was dripping alum.)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Youch! No insurance on the T-Cat! I bet because it was so high having all that HP that he did not insure it. I'll bet that he will insure all of his sleds now.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Thats nasty trapper. I feel for the guy no one deserves that. Life lessons are very hard sometimes. :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
Man...it's hard to respond to seeing something like that, knowing it could maybe happen to anyone of us. Good luck getting things back together!

I think I'll pull mine off the trailer from here on out!

·
Registered
533 Posts
That truely sucks! Too bad for your buddy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's gotta suck.. :(
As bucky said, hope he has more luck the rest of the season....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts