Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't looked real close, but it looks like the pipe is in the way of opening the clutch cover? Does it pull to the side and not up or what? Just curious...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good eye man but cat has it under control the cover on mine simple turns outward instead of up like past models, it is actually very accessable. I cant wait to ride mine.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured there was an easy way to open it. :D Looking forward to a road report once the snow flys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
PH.....

I can't wait either.... stopped down to the dealer, and he said "I don't know if its together yet, it could still be in the crate".... so I crane my head around him and he smiles.... there she is, sittin right behind him in the storage garage through the sliding glass door......

I said the same thing about the clutch cover until one of the techs showed me the way it works... pretty slick.....also... I like how they FINALLY changed the extra belt holder to two velcro straps versus the "Knuckle buster clamp" they used to use!!!!

I can tell the one thing I have to get used to is the hi / low beam switch built into the brake lever...hmmm..... I know I"m Polish, but c'mon... LOL

And here I thought it would be hard getting used to the raised handle bars... they are Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect..... as long as you sit the right way (Feet in the wells)...... its soooo sweet.....

What surprised me was how (Somewhat) quiet the 700 and 500's are... I'm used to my old 99 ZL500 carb...and that sucker was somewhat loud (like an aftermarket single), so this is a whole world quieter.....

Well, Time to go and do my nightly snow dance..... CALLIN FOR FROST TONIGHT.... :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I stopped today at the dealer and he was just finishing up putting the skis on my sled, I checked out the idler wheel clearance issues, that was fine. The starting cord dues rub and it was oiled from the factory, They are supposedly working on a fix for it. Overall I am really impressed with the fit and finish of this sled. Cat may of had to burn the midnight oil to finalize a few items before production buy so far I am pleased, Chaos is going to break out on that first snow day...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts