Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home my new red Firecat F5 and was wondering if anybody has had a chance to ride one yet. I'm curious as to how it will compare with my '01 MXZ 600. There is about a 10 hp difference between the two but the Cat is 40lbs lighter. I expect the MXZ to be faster top end but I'm more interested in a trail blaster. Any opinions or info would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I really like you packace redfirecat03. That is the color and sticker package I had wanted but on a F7. From what i'm hearing it should be a close race. I think you still short on the hp by about 10-15 and not sure if the weight difference will make up for that. A few mods and you would definetly be faster.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Nice Yukon SS :hallo1:

Love the hood :hallo1:

Should be 15-20LBS wet weight dif and 7-10hp dif

Those Red Fcats are sweet SWRules :hallo1:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think the F5 is going to give your mxz all it can handle and then some,the mxz 6's arent that fast i ride with a few guys that have them and they are great sleds just not really fast.Now the 600HO is a different story,that sled rips i saw them run at a grass drag in Quebec and they really move,there were two of them that made the finals and obviously one of them won,but they were putting up times that were just off what the 800's were doing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I see you know how to pick good rides. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thats the exact sled I bought.. same package. :D We got about 4-5 inches of the white stuff last night. So I took mine out for a few laps around the yard. This is a surprisingly quick sled, for a 500. I am going from a 02 ZR 800 CC to an F5 for the trails. After all it has more than enough power to keep up with any sled on the tight and twisties, And should be great on gas mileage. Of course it wont keep up with the Big Iron across lakes or long straight aways, But thats what I have my 00 Modded ZRT 600 for :D. I think You will be impressed with it. If I can come off from an 800 to a 500 with a smile on my face I would think you would also. ;) ENJOY !!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a zr 600 and my new f5 kills it. It has soo much faster take off. I dragged them( my friend drove the zr) and my firecat beat it by lots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts