Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my local dealer, He told me that he had only one firecat F7 left, but it is not a sno pro. He also told me that he had this sled since last April. I was wondering what was the difference in the sno-pro model, and what changes have they made to the sled from last spring to now.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm guessing if he's had it since april its one of the early release protypes. There is one easy way to tell and thats by looking to see if the break is on the in the tunnel or not. The changes I know about were they moved the break, added more cooling area, I think they added some supports to certain areas of the frame, and some cosmetic changes. The preproductions were about 20pounds lighter but there was a reason for the addition of the weight.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The F7 wasn't built till Mid-September. IF (a very big if) he has an F7 built in the spring it is one of two things. 1) Was a demo sled (but most were F5s). They had major changes throughout. Check the build date to make sure it is spring build. If it is BUY it. It wil be a collectors item. 2) It is a SnoPro or F5 demo with an F7 motor in it. Probably used the F7 chassis for a mod sled.

Where are you at? Dealer that I buy from has several F7s. He has both the SnoPro and Standard packages. He is selling cheap too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Nova Scotia Canada ,the dealer told me he got it last april and it wasn't a snow- pro. He would give two years warnty and 400 ac bucks, $10,200. out the door, What do u think, and what is the difference between a snow-pro and not a snow-pro. THANKS

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I think the only difference between the standard and sno-pro version is the track and stiffer suspension, maybe even just suspension differences. I know they have allot stiffer ride in the sno-pro version and possibly a deeper lug track, or more aggressive pattern.
That is the only difference for the 900 standard and sno-pro anyway...
The sno-pro version is more for huge jumps and extremely hard riding on rough trails. I would recommend the standard in most cases.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would check that F7 over REAL good. It technicaly doesn't exist, he is filing you with BS. Check the build date, if it is Spring ask him how he got it. As I said, they weren't built till September.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts