Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Princeton,MN Grassdrags and Swapmeet today.  Cat had their trailer there with a bunch of sleds and 4-wheelers.  Reps were few and far between.  From what I could tell, there were a few dealers there from time to time, but I know one guy was direct from Cat.  They had a sled that from a distance looked like an F7, but up close it was pretty apparent it was an 02 Sno-Pro with F7 stickers.  According to the Cat rep, no production models are yet produced.  Production is slated to start September 3, with F5s, so he said dealers may see some F5s in late September.  F7s would come next, but he did not say when to expect them, but I got the impression it was later rather than sooner.  Racers might start to sweat a bit, I would think.  He said Cat hopes to have production completed by mid Nov:(  
He was firm that HP is still forecasted at 140 on the F7; brake location is changed; weight is likely a bit more, but nothing material.  Some reinforcing as others have reported. He said to expect basically the same sled as they have indicated in their specs.  
Obviously, there were no Firecats racing today.  There were some 02 Sno-Pros.
Don't take this as the gospel truth; just reporting what was told to me.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
There was a F-5 and F-7 at Nelsons Speed Shop today I believe. I guess they could've been dressed up sno pr's but I doubt it. The F-5 was red I think and the 7 was green. The Rev really does have a flatter seat then they were suppose to be coming out with. The Sno-cross factory sleds had different seats one was the one they were suppose to some out with which is a Sea doo seat i might add asnd the other wa a production seat.
caleb

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't think cat was ready to produce the firecats.
They don't even know whats going to happen to them.

I am not trashing them because I have one on the way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one ordered as well, as you can tell from the name.  I did not get a real warm feeling from my discussions with the guy today. Not that I am losing hope on it overall; it is just that I don't plan to hold my breath on delivery date.  I don't mind waiting until late Oct or early Nov as we don't generally get enough snow to ride until mid-Nov at the earliest, but I have some work to do on set up, studs, etc, such that I am not really fired up about later delivery.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm with you Red F7. If I am lucky, I get to ride sometime in December. So, as long as I have it before that first weekend ride, that is fine for me. I was just hoping some of the guys that got to ride before then would have them, so they could put some miles on and give us the "heads up" on anything, good or bad.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is the info I got from Greg Spualding (the lead engineer on the Firecats). It will weigh 450 dry due to more wheels in the rear suspension, added heat exchanger, reinforcements to the tunnel, and brake location change. They have ran one production run to see how things are going to work and the motor is BETTER then the protos!!  THey are trying for 500 of each so they can run them at Hay Days. THe ones at Nelson's were the SnoPro chassis. Look for them to be at dealers late September or October. They will have them done by November, thats when they run the SnoPros through production.

The info I got from a very reliable source is that the 500s will take any stock 600 in 660'!!!!! We will see for sure come winter though!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
RedF7-your  report confirms what my dealer was telling me. First to mid november before I see my black Patriot F7, I was given the  same info that the F5 will be built first then the F7's. Suzuki isn't shipping the motors till September so I have to believe your report is accurate. A few times I  have been able to ride at the end of October but that has been rare, if we get a good Halloween snowfall I will take out the ZL and play, first snow fall I would rather run around on the older sled than a new one till all the rocks and fence post have been marked. LOL.

M-10 thanks for the update, helps me calm my nerves, I get a little worked up when they are still trying to dial in a sled this close to production, but it sounds like cat is on the right track.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry M10 Rules what Greg has said was that he does not know the weight of F7 because they have been to busy testing to put it on a scale & his guess was 9-10 lbs hevier. He has this posted this week on paid site of AM-Anow.Also special sleds to be run first this year .I have 2 F7s comming & my dealer has a letter from cat saying production will be about Sept. 18 on my sleds.Sabre & Patriot.

·
Registered
138 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> his guess was 9-10 lbs hevier.[/b][/quote]

Thats less then what he was saying a few weeks ago!! I have been hearing all different dates for building but the early 500 run on each is so they can run them at Hay Days. I will be there so we will see then. Might be at the factory the week before but not sure what the exact plans are yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Talked to my dealer today, He showed me the production printout start dates from cat and mine is scheduled to be built on Sept 17, Cat hopes to be on schedule. Time frame to build is two  weeks. If this is  true looking at mid October instead  of mid November. Picked up the  2003 clothing catolog to start putting together my shopping list....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well guys, my dealer (northern NY) says expect delivery mid-late October.  According to Cat they will start the F series mid September, two weeks to complete & he figures a couple of weeks to ship. Add a couple of weeks fudge factor & you still will get your sled b4 appreciable snow flies.  

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ryan001,you will have to come to cochrane,so i can see that f5 go ;-}

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just my $.02 but if TRF has the engines, they will do everything possible to have 500 of each built and in the hands of Team Arctic racers for Haydays. There's just too much at stake in terms of bragging rights/advertising/brand image to let this opportunity get away without a fight. A no-show of the Firecats would allow the competition a chance to respond by next season. Like it or not, Haydays IS that important.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts