Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been going through a number of idler wheels on both sleds. the f7 more than the sabercat.i have picks lined up on them,so figured that was why. sabercat is not and is doing it now. was looking at both sleds after 600 miles up in cochrane. the new wheels were starting to come apart. looking further wheels look like there not straight up and down. like rails are twisting. if anyone is having the same problem. check yours and let me know. have a idea to fix. looking for input.

·
10,054 Posts
my stock ones came apart really quick,,, I ended up replacing them with more stock ones and for some reason, they have ran 2 years and are in great shape,,,, mine are not studded over the idlers though,,,, but they werent studded when they came apart right out of the factory either,,, maybe I got some good idlers this time around.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Not sure it relates, but the stock idlers on my Z were shot....I put new on that I got from MFG and with 465 miles on them, they still look like new....the person I bought the sled from had it studded in the idler path.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Replaced one last year @ 600 miles. Needed to replace other five @1200miles. Seems a little on expensive side if this is a seasonal thing. Is there a way to run older style thick wheels?..G

·
10,054 Posts
I got another 1500+ mile on mine since last post and still all in good shape.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Over 4600 miles on my Sabercat with originals, no problem so far. Better than my ZL, they needed to be replaced around 3000 miles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i can relate to you on this one!! I put on 400 miles and my front idler wheels came apart... I got them replaced their in good shape still no my back ones are shredded to pieces... So umm... Yea i am in the same boat as you... Ill be bringing my sled in in a couple weeks to get them replaced cause they are still under waranty, but hopefully they will be fine this time around, but who knows... They seem like they are to thin and thats why they come apart like that.. Mine is also studded so i am not sure if thatanything to do with it... Another thing that happened was my speedometer and odometer stopped working, and i bought my 06f7 this year... Anyone else have that problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts