·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still waiting on getting a sled
what are your initial reactions to riding this sled
floorboard traction?
power for the F5
any problems, comments, I want the lowdown on the Firecat snopro's, any reason not to get one
thank you in advance

·
Registered
448 Posts
re- jumping; watching SN5 I notice the SnoPros 440's are constantly landing tail first. Not sure how they handled in sno cross last year. But they seemed to have better mid flight manners with the ZR Snopros in SN4.

Not that it really means anything, since these guys sure aren't running stock. But it's interesting.

·
Registered
310 Posts
let go of the throttle and you wont land tail first.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can see they are locking up the track to bring the front end down, but it's not working.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hope you like cracking tunnels & rails.Mine has already started to crack, damn POS tunnel design.Only ridden about dozen times to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
02SnoPro

Where are the cracks. What type of rider are you. Do you jump BIG! Or, are you an average rider and the tunnel just isn't up to it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
On any Firecat or 02 Sno Pro you will have a tunnel that will crack due to its design.Take off the seat & you will see the spot that cracks.

My riding style is rough on equipment & do jump pretty big but this thing is a Snow-X machine.It should handle it.The circled spot is were they crack & bend.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I guess that's a vulnerable place. I wonder if adding a full weld on that piece that rivits on would prevent the cracking. I don't jump much. I sure hope they don't crack trail riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How did yours turn? I keep reading in the mags they turn like they are on rails and have to laugh. Mine did turn at all. Tried adding carbide, more ski pressure and nothing still pushed. So I did some checking on what was going on and found when I measured toe-out it was only .5" at full turn meaning they built no ackerman into the steering. Ok I'll
explain. When you turn car, sled, or atv the inside ski(wheel) has to turn sharper because its making a sharper turn then the outside. If you don't have this the inside ski fights the outside ski causing it to push bad. This is a design flaw. You cannot adjust it to turn shaper, you have to redesign the arm with more ackerman. Yes I did talk to cat racing and they looked at me funny and said I had to learn to ride it different. If your wondering what the toe-out should be at full turn it is between 3.5" and 4". It is one rough rider. The strange thing is why didn't anyone else notice this. Buy the way one ride one the rev and good riddence to fixing burnt down motors and poor design. The 440 rev is in the shop already and I don't have worry about hurrying up to get it ready in a week. Yes I've already had it on the snow and takes the jumps like a dirt bike and turns on dime. Oh and from what I so on the snow that day the F7's were almost up on the road to get turned around so I don't think they fixed yet. I could turn around in the bottom of the ditch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts