Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from the Grayling Cat Show on Tues. and got the (final?) word from Cat on what is included on the Sno-Pro option.  *Black Chrome Windshield
                *1.373" track on the F7 only
                *stiffer shocks and springs
                *reservior shocks on the rear for sure (one
                 person I talked to said they may also be
                 included on the front.

*No remote adjust front arm or fluid-coupled
                   rear suspension.

They were very careful to point out that we were looking at prototypes and things may change.  The brake location will not be on the driveshaft, but they wouldn't say where it would be.  The seat my be longer than the current Sno-Pro seat that was on the machine.  The dealers that were there wanted this change, but I liked the short Sno-Pro seat.  The airbox may also be changed from the prototypes, however it will have the same location.  One of the dealers also told me that the F5 maybe available in EFI this fall.  These sleds are even better looking in person, I was very impressed with the looks and quality of them.  Maybe not Yamie fit and finish but a match for Skidoo.  They are extremely comfrotable sleds to sit and move around on, the ZR almost feels old by comparison.  One of the dealers also told me that Polaris is scrambeling to come up with an answer to the FireCat and Rev, I can't imagine what they can come up with in 7 months time.  Go Green!!!!!!!!!!  

·
Registered
657 Posts
Be carefull when you look at the new Firecats.What you think you're getting when you order might not be what you get.They have a habit changing things with out telling anyone.It happened to my brother with his 02 zr 800 cce.They were supposed to come with clickers front and back,but only came on the back.A-arms were supposed to be different then they came.So be buyer be ware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts