Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to snowmobiling, last year was my first season and although we did not have much snow, I loved it. At the end of last season last year I added 4 gallons of Cam-2 110 octane leaded race fule to fill my tank, sloshed it around and ran it for 10-15 minutes at about 2000-6000 rpms, then I shut the fuel pet#### off and kept reving it low untill it died. I felt this would run all the fuel out of the carbs so they would not get gummed up and cause a cloged jet which could cause a lean condition in one of the cylinders this year.

My question is should I add fuel injector cleaner or something to the fuel or intake to make certain that all (if any) contaminants in the fuel system are flushed away????????

Any help or experience on this matter would be appreciated

Thanks

Don :withstupid:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would just drain that fuel clean the the carbs and add whatever fuel you plan on using this
season. Is it a modded engine, and is that the fuel you usually run?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Usually you can run some gas stabilizer through the system and then fog the
motor real well at the end of the season. Since you somewhat drained the fuel
system, it might be a little bit of a pain in the ars to start the first time
this season. Some say that draining the gas completely out of the carbs and
float bowls might do more harm then good. Specifically on your seals and
O-rings. Same goes for most fuel injection cleaners. Might not be good for the
rubber seals. Maybe try to drain the varnish out of the tank and refuel with
what ever fuel you'll be using, get the fuel system primed up and run the thing.
Maybe put some fresh plugs in also.

·
Registered
756 Posts
IMO running the engine till it quits is the worst thing you can do. As summer goes on fuel evaporates out of the bowl, leaving varnish behind. By running the engine out of gas you don't empty the bowl, you leave a 1/4" or more fuel to varnish up very quickly. You should leave the bows completely full w/stabilizer in normal fuel, not race fuel which evaporates off even quicker. Or drain them completely by removing the bowls, which is not good for the gaskets. Either way you should have the carbs checked & or cleaned by someone who is qualified. :hallo09:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I agree.

Pull the carbs and clean them. Its not hard, and 1/2 hour of easy work, could save your engine.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, get someone to show you the first time.

FishHog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts