Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got 3 inches of snow today. I drove the 25 miles to where my sled is stored,,, I was getting a bit disapointed when I drove a few miles not seeing any snow on the ground,, obviously this must have been lake effect show, and rather localized. I pull into my friends drive, and see about 2 inches of snow on the 2 acre lawn. (He did say to me earlier "Come on up!) :)

I'm so nervous about it... I'd heard that my new MXZ 500 has 95 horsepower,,,,, my buddy has rolled my sled out of the polebarn, and is crankling it,, Brrrrr,,,Brrrrrr,,, Brrrrrrr, Braaaapa Brapa Brapa,,, it's idleing about 2800 rpm,, and smoking a lot... :D Braaaaaap,, he guns it,, and it settles down to about 1800,,, "You gotta let it warm up" he says,,, "Go get your gloves on" he says.

I nervously set astride of the smoking beast, my new sled jacket on, my bluejeans, and old faithful hiking boots,,, "Should I get my helmet?" I ask,,, "Nahh,, you aren't going to get too fast here" he says,, "You might want to put your hat on backwards though" he says. :) I take my favorite ballcap, (It says Jasper Canada on the front) and turn it around. I'm ready....

I ease the throttle forward, and proceed to round his large yard, looking for obstructions, or holes,, finding none.

The next curcuit I gun it a little on the straights,, This is getting fun! :D I'm gaining confidence,,

Wooooooo Hooooooooo I hammer it a couple of times during the next few laps, lifting the skis three times! My adrenilin is pumping,,, I hammer it hard into the next straight (Finding a bit later I took some sod off my buddies yard! Whoops!!) My eyes are watering, I see 7000 RPM,,, I try the brake,,WOW does this thing work! :D

One mile exactly, I pull her back into the polebarn. My heart is hammering in my chest,, :) I'm :inlove:

I have BIG respect for you sled heads! I have NEVER felt acceleration like this! Woooooooo Hooooooooo!!

I laughed for the next half an hour,,, and I have a a look on my face now, that I'm sure looks alot like it did when I was 16, and had my first "Back seat experience" :D

1 mile,, the best time I've ever had with my clothes on!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What I tell ya. That 500 hauls.

And I know that smile your talking about. Its what keeps me in the sport.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Im glad you are so happy. Now you know what keeps us all waiting on edge for the snow every year. Adreniline... theres nothing like it :) :) :) :) :inlove:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Machzzz1, and Lady K. :thumbsup: I'm VERY happy with my first ride. :hallo1: She felt like a Monster! :) I know I will eventually get used to it, but She''s got my attention,,, :D I can't wait for good snow, and for the trails to be open!! SWRules

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'll let you know how mine does after this weekend, the trails back home open on Sun. and they have about 17" of fresh snow.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gotta love it. Just wait till you really get to open it up for some fun. I'm smiling just reading your post. :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This sounds like me last season...

Last year, I got back into snowmobiling after a 10 year hiatus. I had never ridden anything with more than about 50HP (nothing liquid cooled, of course). I bought a brand new, non-current 2000 ZR700 last year. An underpowered 700, but it still dyno'd 110 HP. My first ride up a snow covered road was exhillarating to say the least. I hit about 60mpg in no time flat!

At any rate, didn't mean to ramble on, but I know where you're coming from :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Glad to hear you love it! Ain't it great! :inlove:

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is how I felt this weekend!! First time in a very long time and I'm still smiling!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Troll,
So Manistee has a couple inches? I Am from Cadillac and I cannot wait until we get some snow. I go to college full time, so I couldn't afford a new sled, but I picked up a 1997 MXZ 670 and of course tuning it a little and pulling holeshots across the yard! Lets all do the snow dance! :D

Jason

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dude, you look as happy as an ex-priest on his wedding nite!! :p Just remember that our reflexes aren't what they were when we were 16 lol!! ??? Us 46 year olds gotta do it with style if not the speed!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
ha ha Troll that story brought tears to my eyes,or maybe it was the onions that I just cut up ;)

Just wait until you hit some rough trails. Then you can appreciate how good that rear skid is.

Dress up time~~~~

1. Yellow skid plate
2. Yellow ski hooks
3. Yellow headlight thong

It would look something like this............

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Excellent post Troll!!! Was was with ya on the ride....Except on teh ripped up sod part! I DIDN'T do it! Although I did do the ones on the driveway with the studs! Opps! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your story makes any true sledder feel a little something in side. Congradulations :) This is what makes the Sport GREAT!!! :inlove:

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I don't post very often but when I read yours I was grinnin along with ya! :D

Welcome back to the wonderful world of white. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Originally posted by REV69@Nov 26 2002, 11:24 AM
Your story makes any true sledder feel a little something in side.  Congradulations :)   This is what makes the Sport GREAT!!! :inlove:
Your absoluty right. Its a good reminder why were all in this.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts