Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the new sled! Of course it it my first brand new sled, so I might be a little biased... :) I can't believe how much power it has and how responsive it is. It feels like I just have to think about where I want it to go and it is there! Even at 50 going down the trail I hit the gas and it would snap my head back.

Went up to Grand Marais MN. First day four of us went out - 08 Nytro mtx, 06 Crossfire, 98 ZL (I think) and my 08 Gade. I still think the Nytro looks like it ran into something and smashed it's nose flat... :) We put on 140 miles running up to the border and back:
[attachment=41268:allSleds.jpg]

Here is one of the smaller trails:
[attachment=41269:sledsTrail.jpg]

The second day I only had a couple of hours to ride before I had to head home. Two of us ran down the state trail for an hour, turned around and headed back - put another 55 miles on:

[attachment=41271:trail.jpg]
[attachment=41270:stateTrail.jpg]

One more pic of the Gade for good measure:

[attachment=41272:sledStateTrail.jpg]

Going up again over Christmas - hope the snow lasts or more arrives! :)
dave

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Very nice ride!!..I would love to upgrade to somthing along those lines as soon as I get these damn student loans paid off. Can you really feel the lightness of that sled with that big 150HP motor. I can't wait to try one of the XP`s out I think they loook amazing. Again Nice ride. ttyl.

Grant.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 600sdi is only 120hp ( yeah - 'only' :) ), the 800r is rated at 151hp. It is really hard to say if it feels light while riding. It is really stable, goes where I want it to with a minimum of effort and soaks up the bumps - can't ask for more than that! :)

The friend with the '08 Nytro also has an '06 Attak. After we each get more miles on the sleds we will start swapping rides on the trails and I will have a better idea on how to compare them. It has been two years since I was on his Attak. I wasn't nearly as sore after 195 miles on the XP last weekend as I was after 125 miles on the Attak two years ago!

dave

PS - loved the wildcat back in the day - I just upgraded from an '87 El Tigre 6000!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah those sleds look comfy and seem comfy ive sat on lots of them window shopping..lol.. But Yeah I like my old Wild Cat I don`t think I will ever sell it its heavy but it goes like stink!!. Just wish it was better on fuel..lol. When i upgrade I think it will be given to my dad he use to love sledding but he works so much now he doesn`t have enough time to ride to justify owning one.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Trust me, when you get a new sled your love affair with the old iron will fade pretty quick. I've had several sleds that I thought I would want to keep forever, but it doesn't take long before you wonder how you ever managed to ride the beast.

My old XCR is probably the only one I wish I still had. I'd love to take it out for a day or two, mid-wonter when the trails are at perfection, and hit the twistiest sections I could find.

Dlaine, sweet ride, I'm sure you're going to LOVE the XP.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Nice ! Glad to see your enjoying your new sled.......It's beautiful !

Snow4

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! At first I thought the new xp's looked pretty goofy but I have gotten used to it now. And for the way it handles I wouldn't care if it was the ugliest thing out there! :inlove:

Hmmm - two years ago I spent 2 days on a friends 06 Attak and loved it. Last year I spent two days swapping back and forth between an RMK and a Summit - loved them both (but the Summit a tiny bit more). This year I love the new Renegade. I detect a pattern involving two skis, a track and snow! :rolleyes:

Think snow!
dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts