Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about fixing rails. I am still looking into long tracking my Indy 500 and found what seems to be a good deal unless the price goes way up, but one of the rails has a small bow in it near the rubber bump stop. The guy says its easy to fix and make it as rigid as it once was. I was wondering how to fix this bow in the rail and if it is worth it or will it just give me problems in the future? All the advice anyone can give on this topic would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I would assume this item is on ebay, if you can send the link so we can see what this "bow" consists off..... :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
That guy must have bottomed out real hard with his front end up in the are to have done that......
My .02$ is all the parts there are well worth the 20$ plus 45$ in shipping. I would imagine that if you fixed the one rail it could make it weak, and if worse came to worse you could just buy one rail from your dealer.
Try and talk with a local welder or someone that deals in metal work to get a better idea on if that would make the metal weak, and how to go about bending that aluminum back without cracking it.
If 1 rail is fairly cheap I would buy that rear suspension also, (only if it remains cheap), wouldnt hurt to have all the spare suspension parts if you need them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely take it into consideration. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts