Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read these forums on skis, and the prevailing wisdom seems to be that the stock skis that come with this sled handle very poorly. I would like to get Flex skis to replace the stock skis, and it looks like Flex skis from 97-99 are a direct bolt on upgrade. Flex skis from 2000 on have a different spindle (wider block and rubber stops) so some different spacers are needed for the conversion to a DSA front end; Is this correct?

Also, has anyone else done this switch, and have you been happy with the results? What generally would a used pair of flex skis cost?

Picture of stock skis shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have used flex skis on most of my sleds. Myself I think that these are the best skis that ski doo has made. I have not tried the pilot skis, so I can't say if they are better. When I bought my Rev I ran precision skis for one season & I hated them. I put a set of flex skis on it & it was so much better. Now I have heard that the precision skis are better on the ZX & S chassis sleds but bad on the Rev. If you put flex skis on your sled you should put some PCS's on your skis from ski doo. They are like easy steers, help with darting. I would get the ones from skidoo not the aftermarket ones because they rip off to easy. You can find a used set from 50-200 depends on the condition :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts