Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to trade trailers, I think FLOE is about the best, with the enclosure.  Can anyone tell me how they like theirs, or any other comments would be nice

·
Registered
74 Posts
My friend has had 2 flow trailers one open one enclosed. Both have been great trailers. The one he has currently is the enclosed with a bear cat cover its ok the cover that is, sometimes its hard to lift with any snow on it (but lately thats not been a problem) the top dosent always come down right you have to line it up as its comming down and the pins always dont line up you have to mess with that alot. It is a four place trailer by the way.The trailer pulls awsome no swaying or any thing you can load it any way you want and still tows great. He says if he buys another one it will be a flow with the hard sides that has regualr doors on the back and the gull wing in the front.

Duane

·
Registered
40 Posts
I own a 2001 Floe 4 place enclosed with the Polaris RMK Edition decal package. I bought it used with the upgrades to electric brakes, 13" radial tires.

Pros:

It pulls like a dream and so light, you can move it by hand if needed. Very economical enclosed trailer. The Floe tie down system is very nice. A very nice transporter and very good summer storage unit. A secure place to store gear and extra supplies and parts while traveling. So much faster than putting covers on four sleds, without any salt or road spray.

Cons:

Yes, doors need to be guided into place. I just watch one side, goes pretty good
You can not open hoods fully on back two sleds, the low ceiling prevents this. The side walls are not lined, so you must be careful not to dent from the inside. I have had ice form along bottom of door, as it thaws snow from roof. Not a real fuel door to refuel. Mine has one side access door, big enough to climb through.
You must move ramp to each side, both to load and unload. I have ski guides to prevent crossing over to unload.

I wouldn't sell it to get a higher ceiling trailer. The weight increase is too much and fuel milage would go down.

I hope this helps? Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts