Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hae a 99 ZR600EFI.  When it is cold, it appears to work fine.  As it warms up, I loose top speed (50-60 mph max) and the sled seems to flood at wide open throttle.  Up to half throttle, the response seems to be fine.  The conditions are warmer than usual (1-2 deg C) in the days, and cooler at night (-1- -2 deg C).  The snow is frozen like cement in the night with no loose powder.  I have heard that the fuel injected sleds have an enrichment mode during engine overheating situations.  If this is tru is there a way to bypass this to confirm this is what is happening??  I havev already tried unplugging the temperature sensor, no difference noted..

Thanks All

·
Registered
533 Posts
hmm...  Well, what to do...

I would first do a compression test on your engine to rule out an engine failure.

Next What is your peek RPM?  At wide open throttle, you should get between 7800 and 8400 RPM depending on the condition of your clutch.

The efi's have a fail safe mode.  If an sensor has detect a problem, failed or become disconnected (wiring problem) the computer will put the sled in to a fail safe mode.  Your plugs will be black and your preformance will degrade.

You can use an ohm meter to check the sensors.  I have book at home with the values.

Also check your computer's ground wire. (located on the steering post).  This is a common problem area.

newf

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (newf @ April 22, 2002, 11:57am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm...  Well, what to do...

I would first do a compression test on your engine to rule out an engine failure.

Next What is your peek RPM?  At wide open throttle, you should get between 7800 and 8400 RPM depending on the condition of your clutch.

The efi's have a fail safe mode.  If an sensor has detect a problem, failed or become disconnected (wiring problem) the computer will put the sled in to a fail safe mode.  Your plugs will be black and your preformance will degrade.

You can use an ohm meter to check the sensors.  I have book at home with the values.

Also check your computer's ground wire. (located on the steering post).  This is a common problem area.

newf[/b][/quote]
I have already checked the engine compression.  It is a strong 120 on both sides.  I have as well checked the engine grounds.  I also have a overhaul manual on the sled.  The only reading I found to be not correct (and could cause the problem) is the coil.  The resistance reading is approximately 100 ohms above normal.  To specify, that reading is 100 ohms bove the 20% tolerance.  Myself and my cat mechanic have found these values in the manual to not be correct always.  This reading from the coil was taken earlier this winter as well, and the sled performed normally.  Anyway, this is why I have decided to post a note.  Just to see if anyone else has had this problem..

Newf as well....

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did you have your Arctic Cat mechanic check the TPS?

I have seen where the TPS was out of alignment and the engine would act "funny"  Going to peak RPM then dropping.  Stalling or almost stalling.  Loosing power around 6000RPM, excess fuel on plugs...etc.

newf

·
Registered
394 Posts
Once forgot to tighten the main jets in my zrt 600 sled ran great up till full throttle then bog.  Pulled the bowls off and sure enought there were the mains sitting in the bottom.

·
Registered
172 Posts
just to let you know arteecat     no jets on a EFI sled just injectors

·
Registered
285 Posts
1000-IMP good call on the e.f.i. carb deal. MIKEZR, have you checked the stator? there is a low speed and a high speed coil in there, they adjust air fuel mixture to the injectors. i had a similar problem as you do with my 600, i checked all the stator coils and the high speed coil was cooked. i got a new stator and it was like new again. something to check out. IMP-1000, mail me to talk about some T-CAT stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts