Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I normally wear glasses while driving my car.  I tried last year to wear them while wearing my helmet, but I found that they always fogged up.  I've seen alot of people wear glasses while wearing a helmet.. but mine always seemed to fog up.. so I don't wear them.

My helmet is an HJC, with the mouth separator.

Does anyone know any "grandpa's old medicine" procedures that will prevent my glasses from fogging up?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
My wife had the same problem.  
Some of the commercial no-fog solutions will help, but she had the best luck with a NOFOG mask.  Basically just keeps your breath from getting up to your glasses.

A little more ventilation in your helmet will help if possible.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm using the same or a similar helmet. I've found that the windshield makes all the difference in the world. Doesn't have to be one of the huge ones, mid-height (stock on most machines) works fine, low profiles don't work at all. Lot's of aggravation for me too, not wearing glasses, or driving fogged not an option for me. Like to see where I'm going.

AL

·
Registered
310 Posts
get some rubbing alchohol and just clean then with it, and they wont fog up.  helped with my goggles this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the seemproblem and I brought a Lazer Blizzard and it help me no problems at all with fogging and you can put it on with your glass on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies.

What is a lazer blizzard? if you dont mind my asking.

I also have a medium windshield.. the thing is, my bifocals fog up when I'm standing with my helmet on walking towards my sled.

I tried one of my buddy's electric visor.. but it didn't even help a bit.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Just a guess, but I'd say it's a modular helmet.

I have the same problem when standing up to get crazy in the rough stuff. Haven't figured out a cure for that one either.

Al

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
There is nothing out there that works for any extended period of time. As some one said a mid-height windshield is the first step. For me, an open faced helmet was the norm for many years. Trying different full faced helmets several times over the years and wasting a lot of money was also the norm! Then came the skidoo modular helmet, what a godsend for us eyeglass wearers!!!!!! I would drop kick the person that ever stole it! This helmet is 95% fog free only fogging when you get yourself worked up like getting stuck. I also tryed the no-fog masks, what a pain in the arse to put on and with your breath exiting out the bottom you get ice built up and running down your front looking like a mad frothing dog.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
A no-fog mask is all that works for me and I have tried everything out there. maybe a pain to get on and off, but if thats all that works, you gotta doo wat you gotta doo.
There is always contact lenes

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just get a skidoo modular helmet. Best investment I ever made , once you get used to it you will never regret it  I bought my wife a new helmet last year with a heated visor....what joke it was . As soon as finances will allow she will be wearing a modular as
well. The only down fault of the ski doo modular is the exhaust vents will freeze up in extreme cold weather riding...my solution was to add a piece of duct tape over the vent on the side the wind is blowing from...it seemed to help....and Red Green would have been proud !
Just my unsolicited 2 cents

·
Registered
404 Posts
I told the wife to get that lazer eye surgery, that didn't go over very well, maybe contact lens??  We're still looking for a solution!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I just got some  persciption  goggles, and will try a motocross helmet this year, I had  real good luck with a electric sheild, just keep it closed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The skidoo mod is the only thing that works for me,they are even better if you use a mid hight windshield.They do take some gettin use to but if you want to wear the glasses you must find what works. If you try a mod whenever you stop for a brake put the mask in you`re coat close to you`re chest to keep it warm.   jeff in nh

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I told the wife to get that lazer eye surgery, that didn't go over very well[/b][/quote]

Why?  did she have a fit about the $1500 price tag?  I know people who've gotten it done, and I can't wait to get it myself.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The only time I had a problem was with my baclava.  I tried to have it over my nose and cheeks to keep warm.  This caused my breath to force by the deflector, and onto my glasses.  When I finally DID figure it out, I fixed that problem, but found out just how COLD it can get with air being forced through the vents at 45 mph.  Unfortunately, the vents on my helmet can't be closed.  

·
Registered
852 Posts
That laser stuff, in my opinion is a very, very viable option. If you try something new every year,.... glasses, helmets , modulars, goggles, no fog gizmo`s, more helmets, heated sheilds, after 5 years of almost crashing because you cnt se sht... your half way up to the 1500 anyways.. i DOO  think about it for myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to bring this post up again.

When a few of your were talking about the "No Fog" mask, is this the same as an electric visor?

Also, I have been reading about the breath deflectors, has anyone used one?

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts