Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First year as an owner of a new snowmobile but have been snowmobiling for over 35 years and would like to know exactly what fogging an engine is so when the time comes to store it for the summer, I have an idea just how to do that.
Thanks
Richard
Florida
(Yes-Florida. I must be the only guy in the state who owns a snowmobile here. Matter of fact I can not register my snowmobile in the State of Florida because they have no way of doing so. A vehicle must have at least 3 wheels in order to be registered here so I registered it in Michigan where it was purchased)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Fogging is the same thing done to outboard engines. It is a oil sprayed into the carbs to prevent any rust or corrosion from taking place inside. I do not fogg but use Fitch Drop ins. Never have to fog or stabilize the gas. You can also use Startron, works the same as Fitch drop in but you have to add it everytime you fill.

http://www.starbrite.com/prodcatalog2.cfm?...=Startron%20Gas

·
Registered
4 Posts
First year as an owner of a new snowmobile but have been snowmobiling for over 35 years and would like to know exactly what fogging an engine is so when the time comes to store it for the summer, I have an idea just how to do that.
Thanks
Richard
Florida
(Yes-Florida. I must be the only guy in the state who owns a snowmobile here. Matter of fact I can not register my snowmobile in the State of Florida because they have no way of doing so. A vehicle must have at least 3 wheels in order to be registered here so I registered it in Michigan where it was purchased)
i also live in florida but they tell me i cannot register it there. can i register it in michigan if i do not live there?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Best way to fog engine is to remove air box, spray fogging oil into carb or carb's with the motor running until motor stops running. Pull spark plugs, spray fogging oil into each cylinder and pull over slowly a few revolutions, put plugs back in and you are done. I always run stabil through engine on my last ride, that way it is ran through the fuel system and is in the carbs.
Some people drain carbs, I never had to using stabil, never had a carb problem doing this in 15 years. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts