Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Im a litle bit concerned about fogging my Mach Z 99. I cant easely get the airfilterbox of, so i have just fogged my machine true the sparkplugholes. Will this do the job or do i also have to fogge it tru the carbs?

Norwegian  

·
Registered
373 Posts
What I do is take a piece of wire or a coat hangar and hold up on the oil pump lever so it is pumping the maximum and let it idle for a few minutes until it starts smoking heavy, this will fog it good, most of the high quality oils all have anti corrosion additives making them good for storage.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i guess everyone has their own way,i like to fog it by spraying directly in the carbs,the primer like paul said also works,after im done i also spray some through the spark plug holes and also spray down the pipe and silencer

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I had my MXZ 440, I tried to fog it thru the primer line. The jetting must have been pretty lean, because as soon as you pulled the outlet line off the primer, the sled would stall. I'd like to try this method on my '01, but I can't find the primer

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You must fog thru the carbs.

Fogging only thru the spark plug holes will only protect the pistons and cylinder walls.  

Fogging thru the carbs will protect the case (Crank, rods, bearings.)  

If you didnt fog thru the carbs this season its to late to worry about it, just do it next season.  But i would let it run 10-15min.  Chances are that the oil in the case was enough, but running it will make sure its ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts