Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to adjust the height of the footwells? ANd if so how, and if not what do I do?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
On the 02 and newer you loosen the two bolts directly above the foot well and slide the piece of aluminum up or down.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt even get a chance to dig around, do I just open the hood and look for the bolts there?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by sled-head@Oct 6 2002, 04:06 PM
On the 02 and newer you loosen the two bolts directly above the foot well and slide the piece of aluminum up or down.
I thought that was only on the T-cat. I could swear I looked into adjusting mine and you couldn't. I am gonna have to look again tonight.

Wait, maybe I was looking at the wrong area. So you are adjusting the stop bar on top of your foot and not the angle of the foot rest then? Like I said, gonna have to look tonight.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the stop bar, its just to big for my foot, it flops out

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatboots@Oct 6 2002, 05:22 PM
the stop bar, its just to big for my foot, it flops out
Yeah, I know what your talking about now. I'm the same way and I remember them saying they were going to be adjustable and I looked at them for about 5 min and never gave it anymore thought. Gonna have to look into that. I will love it even more if I can adjust that so I can Lock and Load. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I remember correctly, you need to remove the louver, air-intake off that is right above the footrest to get to the nuts.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Very interesting...will have to look into this

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I don't know if I'm not looking hard enough or in the right spot but I looked last night and I didn't see anything that could be adjusted, and I even have my driven clutch out right now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know there is a kit you can buy for the older ZR's, but I dont know if it will work with the new ones. I am going to research it a little bit and let ya know!

·
Registered
362 Posts
You dont have to be under the hood to adjust them. Directly above the footwell is your air intake louver. Take that off by using a screwdriver to pop it off. Once its off, there are 2 nuts. Loosen the nuts and the top of your footwell will move. Adjust to where you want them and tighten. Put louvered cover back on and you're in business. I have an 02 600 and a buddy of mine has the 800. They're both the same. Joe

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by Tattoo3235@Oct 7 2002, 03:28 PM
You dont have to be under the hood to adjust them. Directly above the footwell is your air intake louver. Take that off by using a screwdriver to pop it off. Once its off, there are 2 nuts. Loosen the nuts and the top of your footwell will move. Adjust to where you want them and tighten. Put louvered cover back on and you're in business. I have an 02 600 and a buddy of mine has the 800. They're both the same. Joe
Thanks, I'll look at that tonight. I wonder why they don't put that in the manual. Or is it and i missed it? :doh:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great, now I dont have to buy any extra parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts