Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Dan - Do you know conditions in the Val des Bois area?

PS - Move this to the "trail conditions - Quebec" Forum.  I just wanted to ensure you saw it as i may head there in the next day or two.  Also do you know $$$ for a day pass in PQ?

thanks

Scott

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thundercatrz, I was in the area on the weekend and the trails were very nice. Lot's more snow up there that here in Ottawa.  One thing you should know, if you're planning to go up to Mont Laurier, the route via Parc papineau Labelle is not groomed due to logging operations. the trail that's open is the one that runs by Lac du cerf, Kamika etc. I took it last week and it was not the best.  I took the park on the way back and it was fine. Suggest you take the park especially if we get a heavy dump.

Day passes are $35

Let me know if you need more info

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks green - much appreciated!

with luck, I will be able to go from my garage this weekend!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Where are you planning to ride exactly, my cottage is in Notre-Dame de la Salette and I'm there every weekend. I went in the park papineau labelle last weekend, trails were very nice starting at Val des bois. They have a shared trail with quads for about 15 k's that really suck, going south of val des bois. that's the only complaint I have.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi AC - I don't really know the area up there - I just found out last night from a friend that was there and said the Val des Bois area was very good at the moment.

can you suggest a good starting point and route to run?

If we don't get snow here, I am into going there

thanks for any help!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thundercatzr, I would suggest you trailer till you get to the ruisseau St-Denis which is a few miles north of Val des Bois. When you see the sign indicating the ruisseau St-Denis, just hang a right at the street that's right there (I forget the name). The trail starts a about mile away on that road. Once you're on the road, you'll see some houses on the left, one of the owners lets seldders park their riggs there for $5.

Once you get to the trail, hang a right to go to Notre Dame du Laus etc (local trail marked orange on the map, usually very nice), or hang a left to go towards Lac Simon , Lac des Plages Mont Laurier etc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is what I shall do....thanks, green....

·
Registered
858 Posts
That would be the best place to start, trails before arn't so good. If you need trail maps, Click here  Give some info about trails when you come back, I didn't have a chance to go up there yet, I stopped at ND du laus. If you can, try to reach "La montagne du diable" devils mountain at Mont-laurier, great view and there is a restaurant on top.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i went up devil's mountain once many years ago -beautful spot!  An old guy carting up beers in a Bearcat - hu used to tricks with a cigarette.

that was a nice area.  but packed!

Thanks for the help - I will indeed check that site out.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Oh well i guesse i got home to late yeaterday. i dont have much to reply since i have not been up that area this year. its closer for me to ride in les canton de l'est. Nice trails with alot of snow and if we get the 15 - 20 cm the say today we are gonna have some great sledding after all ! Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts