Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale here is a 1986 Safari Grand Luxe LC with 3270 miles, it features a liquid cooled 521cc twin cylinder Rotax engine with a single Mikuni carburetor, electric start, full instrumentation with speedo, tach, water temp., fuel gauge and 2-up seat.

This snowmobile has new engine mounts (4), disk brake pads, speedo angle drive unit, speedo cable, fuel lines, fuel filter, NGK plugs, hood straps, ignition key switch, headlight bulb, antifreeze coolant, chain case lubricant, instrument bulbs and ski wear bars.

Engine compartment was stripped bare and cleaned thoroughly. Carburetor disassembled and cleaned.

Hood had sustained some damage prior to my ownership; cracks were repaired with fiberglass and then repainted with a non OEM yellow paint (original color was maroon).

Electric start works perfect but current battery doesn’t’ have enough CCA to start it and is there only to equalize electrical system. This avoids voltage overloads and blown light bulbs.

Plywood seat base was replaced with new and original seat cover reattached.

OEM track in excellent condition as are the slides and idler wheels.

Instrument gauges are all in good working condition.

Snowmobile idles nicely and runs strong.

Drive belt in great shape, NO spare.

This snowmobile will come with a complete service, repair, and maintenance manual.

Additional before and after pics will be available on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..

Asking price is $999.00 or best offer.

Thank you for your interest. Louie ([email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For sale here is a 1986 Safari Grand Luxe LC with 3270 miles, it features a liquid cooled 521cc twin cylinder Rotax engine with a single Mikuni carburetor, electric start, full instrumentation with speedo, tach, water temp., fuel gauge and 2-up seat.

This snowmobile has new engine mounts (4), disk brake pads, speedo angle drive unit, speedo cable, fuel lines, fuel filter, NGK plugs, hood straps, ignition key switch, headlight bulb, antifreeze coolant, chain case lubricant, instrument bulbs and ski wear bars.

Engine compartment was stripped bare and cleaned thoroughly. Carburetor disassembled and cleaned.

Hood had sustained some damage prior to my ownership; cracks were repaired with fiberglass and then repainted with a non OEM yellow paint (original color was maroon).

Electric start works perfect but current battery doesn’t’ have enough CCA to start it and is there only to equalize electrical system. This avoids voltage overloads and blown light bulbs.

Plywood seat base was replaced with new and original seat cover reattached.

OEM track in excellent condition as are the slides and idler wheels.

Instrument gauges are all in good working condition.

Snowmobile idles nicely and runs strong.

Drive belt in great shape, NO spare.

This snowmobile will come with a complete service, repair, and maintenance manual.

Additional before and after pics will be available on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..

Asking price is $999.00 or best offer.

Thank you for your interest. Louie ([email protected][/b]
Here is a web site with pictures of this sledhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ying5qfixnQ

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
very nice job on the slideshow

at 1st I was like WTF sled looks like crap

but after watching the work in progress I must say you did an excellent job on cleaning her up

what at 1st looked like a $300 now looks like a $800 sled

Good luck selling it

I had 3 Safaris 2 377 and one 447 very fun sleds when I was a teen in the late 80s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts