Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting my pipe ceramic coated on my 670 HO. Does the outside get coated only, or does the inside of the pipe get done as well? I know in automotive applications if you get the outside of your exhaust manifold coated, a lot of times it cracks, because the ceramic coating just holds the heat in the metal of the manifold, causing it to crack. Coating the inside as well prevents this.

I have a friend in sales for a metal finishing company, and he has a lot of contacts who do ceramic coatings for industrial applications. I can get a ceramic coat job done for a lot cheaper than others out there, just finding out right now if it is a high temp application. They will dip the pipe in an acid bath to clean of the rust and paint, then put it in the ceramic tank. Just wondering if they should do the inside, or plug the holes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They should do the inside, if there worth a darn. According to Jet Hot the inside should be done.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Good question! i never thought about it crackin. i got my pipes coated for this season so i'll have to keep an eye on em but i haven't got a clue if the inner was coated. i'll have to give psi a call and find out. Or does anyone know if PSI coats the inner too?or if they crack? ???

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Originally posted by Keving@Nov 6 2002, 02:21 PM
They should do the inside, if there worth a darn. According to Jet Hot the inside should be done.
they claim if the inside is done in most cases the pipes become too tight and are only good for short blasts like a 1000' run.

·
Registered
745 Posts
My pipe seems to be holding up well. My pipe was coated last fall, so I only have one season on it.
Only the outside was coated.
Around my area, they get $85 for coating a pipe.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Got a Dyno port one, don't know who does their coating, but I bought it used, and have put 8000 miles on it without a problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts