Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1-v force reeds    have these.2 cut head 20 thous double up base gasket to maintain stock squish. 3-change main jets up 6 sizes. 4-change ramps to 286. 5-change roller pins to solid steel. 6- change spring to red-red. 7- change helix to 50-44.is there another spring that would work with out the high engagement.but still have the finish.

·
Registered
361 Posts
frozenbugger, I would keep the v-force, double base gskt., shaved head, 286 ramps, and solid 16.4g pins. I'm assuming you have the (280-460) red-red prim spring, which I would change to the (230-380) pink-white, or (230-410) red. In the sec., I would try a 50-47 also, along with the 50-44 your also using, both @ 18-21lbs. Why are you jetted 6 sizes rich from stock? Unless you run in -45 c weather, changed your carb venting into the airbox, or gutted the airbox (removed tube shelf), I would start with a max. of 2 sizes up from stock with your mentioned mods., but probably end up going back to stock once you know your safe. Make sure you have good gas (92 octane). Also, play with those clickers on tra or with pin weight up or down, 'til she shifts about 100 rpm higher than your stock max. rpm, as you have now raised port timing slightly (I figure about 8400rpm on your tach). You should feel where it pulls best. Good luck, and welcome to the world of mods., jetting, clutching, and fiddling.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
limpskii thats the set up jaws pipes gave me .up the mains 6 sizes.and the red- red spring. but i dont want a real high engagement. do you think i need to cut the head 20 thous double up the gasket to keep stock squish.thanks for your know how. need all i can get..

·
Registered
417 Posts
The Pink spring is 30 pounds lighter on engagement. I would do as Greg suggests as he has built the pipes around these specs.

·
Registered
361 Posts
frozenbugger, how do you know I limp (limpskii) ?
Anyways, I must have missed something, as I thought you were running stock pipes. If you're running Jaws pipes, then follow what Greg recomends. Sorry, for the wrong info., thought you were running stock pipes.
I'll try to not let it happen again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts