Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 formula 3 700 which has new pistons, pulls over hard now and when it starts it revs up high and will not shut off with ignition off, plug wires off and gas off.  Cyl to piston clearance is between .004 and .005 ring end gap is okay per wiseco specs squish is between .0650 and .0700, crankcase holds pressure with all block off plates and plugs installed, no air leak is visible via method of water while pressurized.  Does anyone have the squish specs for this motor or have any suggestions on what this might be (besides an massive air leak which I don't think it has, but any help I would appreciate)  Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Can you check the compression on the cylinders? Never heard of a gas engine diesiling on gas because you cannot, or should not be able to get a fine enough spray. Need injecters and loads of compression to generate heat. And yours does it without spark plugs? What did you use to clean the cylinders out with? Is it still tight to pull over with the plugs out? Do you know which cyl is tight?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guy...... did you doo the pistons yourself?  They  can only go in one way.. With the arrow pointing to the exhaust...... Just a thought

·
Registered
222 Posts
offset-how many rpms is it turning when it won't shut off?  I have read about 2 strokes being able to run with no ignition.  It happens because the engine is spinning so fast that there is always fuel burning in the cyls, hence the running with out any (apparent) source of ignition.  I didn't know it was true!!  As far as why it would be doing that, I have no idea.  Anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
inxszx11~  Is that the stock suspension?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Gas engines will desiel if your using to low an octain with to much compression.  I never heard of that happening in a sled.  I must assume that its still sparking and the kill switch is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts