Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres my story. My mom gave me a sled that was crashed into a creek bank a couple of years ago. Never summarized I brought it home and with a little work she fired up, but ran really bad, and while I drove it around the house I noticed the bearing on the jackshaft was noisy. I drove the sled into the garage and changed the bearing and cleaned the carbs and now it won't start. It has a really weak spark, even with a new plug. Could the stator have been the problem before. Any advice and help on how to test the stator would be great. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Take a look inside your spark plug boots for carbon tracks and signs of burning. The caps unscrew off the coil wires and probably need to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look inside your spark plug boots for carbon tracks and signs of burning. The caps unscrew off the coil wires and probably need to be replaced.[/b]
Thanks for the fast reply thumbdoctor!

I looked inside the spark plug boots and didn't see any signs of burning. I noticed that even the headlight is really dim when pull starting. If I turn the lights off in the garage I can see a very dim spark and barely see the headlight. Is there a test for the stator? I pulled the magneto off and its clean, no rust. Am I missing a ground wire? I forgot to mention that it is a 1991. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts