Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problems with my sled. it get's flooded with fuel in the carbs and cylinder and dies out. it seam to happen frequently when i jump, but also when i go up a steep hill and slow down just to go a bit slower and when i try to go fast again it kills of. what i have to do then is to take out the plugs, turn off the fuel tank, and drag the starter to blow the remaining fuel out of the spark-plug socket. this is very irritating and is a hard jobb to with 10min of dragging the #### out of the start-rope with good compression on the engine. I just wont the sled to work so i can start having fun.

please help me someone!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
lowrider
Check the float levels in both carbs. Also REPLACE the needles & seats. Make sure you use the Viton tipped needles,as they seal the best and handle the vibrations of jumping the best.
Good Luck :D RB

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
:withstupid:

Sounds like a float problem to me.

P.S. no need to post 3 times, infact you may get in trouble for it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lowrider, did you post this several times?

Well I dont blame you!! Sometimes people just ignore some posts! Its pretty bad when you have to post something several times to get some replies. I thought that this is what this forum is for asking and replying.

Come on people, if there is a question out there and you know the answer, then share it. And who cares if it was already posted before. Maybe some people dont want to do searching through the 90 some odd pages of posts just hoping someone asked the same question before!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would put my money on bad floats, as they get old the alcohol and other junk they put in gas now will soak into the floats making them heavy and causing the flooding, or they could be just sticking, same goes for the needle and seat if there is any age on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts