Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my formula z 583 (1995mod) seam to be sick. it migt start after 4-5 times with lot of prime. Then i can ride for a while, but when i stop it to take a pause and try to start it all #### is loose. it wont start no matter how hard i trye. but if i just wait 15 minutes or so it suddenly starts. but then i ride som more and it just looses power like 70% of it power or so.
If there is somebody out there that can help me, please do so for now there is snow and it aint anny fun just looking at the sled when my friends are riding theres and having fun.
checket spark,plugs,fuelpump,carbs,,....,.heeeeelp.........!!!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
That's a tough one....maybe check to make sure that you don't have something plugging your air intake...the heat from the engine could be making something expand and plug a hole somewheres or heating the air and choking the sled out 'cause something is plugging an air intake...also it wouldn't hurt to do a compression check with the engine when it is warm and won't start...just to see if maybe there is something bad going on inside
Just throwing out ideas here...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you could be overheating,check your coolant, water pump, etc, try feeling your heat exchangers when riding, they should be warm

·
Registered
233 Posts
CHECK YOUR COMPRESSION. YOU COULD HAVE A MILD SEIZURE ON ONE OF YOUR PISTONS AND YOUR RING IS STICKING.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts