Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the sled out again last night and this time fouled plugs kept me from playing :dazed:. I didn't have plugs to put in her so I had to put her away :( . I couldn't find the box of plugs I bought last year, boy I guess if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all...G

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Sometimes you can take a propane torch and burn off the plug and get a bit more life out of it... especially if they are oil fouled...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes you can take a propane torch and burn off the plug and get a bit more life out of it... especially if they are oil fouled...[/b]
No torch either.......I guess next time I need to be more prepared....G

·
Registered
644 Posts
The difference between a "fouled" plug and one not fouled is that the latter is clean and dry. As long as you can clean and dry a plug, it should work again -unless it has actually failed in some way; ie, cracked, failed resistor, just plain worn out from too much use, etc. There is most likely a problem that needs fixing like carbs that are sending too much fuel for some reason, etc. Water, ice, dirt, stray unfiltered "stuff" all can cause problems. so can a sticking or faulty "choke" (enrichment valve). Find the problem and correct it. Dry/clean the plugs. GO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts