Snowmobile World banner

Fox pps shock

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  michahicks 
#1 ·
Hey all, I read an article on installing a Fox PPS shock to pre-99 Xtra-10 suspensions...I was wondering if it is really worth it or makes a difference?  I was thinking of getting one for my Storm, they sound relatively easy to install but I wanted to know what you guys think of it?  They were introduced in 99 on the XC's so if any of you guys ride or have one pre-99 installed on your sled please let me know if its worth the time and money, thanks!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Well first how do you ride? If you ride hard stay away from the pps shock as it will bottom hard if you ride hard but at 50 mph trail speeds in the stutters it works ok untill the mogals come then ouch.My opinion on the pps is that it is a POS and I would never ride a sled with one unless it had the stage III kit installed which eliminates the pps efect of the shock.

Just my opinion.

Also the shock was designed to work with the 99 and new skid as they have a little dif geometry than the older xc10 skid and your ride will suffer.

I gave my shock to a guy to try on his older sled and he tried it and it was worse with the pps then the ryde fx.

If you are set on using a dif shock look into the new ryde fx adjustable ifp shocks.I think they would be better than the pps and you would not have to rebuild it as often as a fox since the ryde fx have a better seal design and they last longer on a rebuild than the Fox.

#3 ·
The PPS shock is an excellent upgrade on the xtra 10 suspensions. Three sleds I ride with upgraded this year and the owners were very happy with the results. Durability has not been a problem on the PPS shocks as far as I am concerned. My advise is to go for it.

xltboy

#4 ·
Your Storm has a FOX shock now. I'd have it/them rebuilt and revalve to your tastes. No guessing or other people opinions that way. Might take a couple tries, but I'm betting it will be cheaper AND you'll learn something in the process. Most areas
have someone nearby that really knows whats going on. If your's doesn't I'm betting you can find a good shop to ship it out to pretty easily.

From what I understand the PPS is 90% + hype.

AL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.