Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience w/ the FOX ZERO X racing shock?? Im thinking about getting them for my MXZ. $800/pair for ski shocks, $550 for the rear track. Does anyone have any info on these shocks??

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I witnessed good and bad with the fox rear racing clicker shock last season.
A friends son who raced a mxzx440 got a freebie from fox .It had to be revalved twice, due to total sag. Another friend I ride with had what I belive to be the same shock on his 02 polaris 800X and after a few thousand miles it is still rock solid no give. Conflicting statements but just M2C

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I belive I will be purchasing them for my MXZ. I got the drive shaft and track back on, all that needs to be done now is putting the new suspension on (zero x) and then re-install the rear skid, then take off the front suspension and replace it w/ the Zero X. then put my clutch kit in, and ill be MINT! ill test her out on the grass in a couple days.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The Fox Zero X shocks are made for performance. They are super light and very tunable. but you need a vast understanding of the technology to work these shocks. They will need alot of attention and will have to be rebuilt ever 500 miles. They are not produced for durability just performance. All the guys that ran them in the WSA rebuilt them every weekend.. Fox keeps a Factory support trailer at all the races to rebuild the shocks for the racers. Sweet deal when you run the Nationals. Free rebuilds..

The average joe is going to spend 35-50 per shock.

I would consider a more durable option before spending that kind of money of shocks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would be more durable?? I want clickers, Ryde Fx doesnt make shocks for my sled that are clickers, neither does Ohlins. Penske does, but theres 3000 bucks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You should go with the Regular Fox shocks. they are a great product but they are built to last longer. You will still have to rebuild them once a season. But it is a quality product.

If you want a clicker set up you should take with a shop about making a set to the specs that your looking for.

I would recommend calling Bob at Shock Therapy.

All they do is shocks and he is good and fairly priced..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts