Snowmobile World banner

Frame/tunnel Protectors...

871 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mudweiser 
#1 ·
Ok, I can't seem to get a straight answer from any online order company, so lets see what you guys (gals) think...

I am studding a 2002 mxz 800 sport with 1.080" studs on a 1" track. I have seen advertised both tunnel protectors and frame protectors...

I KNOW I need tunnel protectors, do I need Frame protectors as well?? Or is that for a different application? (super long studs, real tall paddle).

The frame protectors are shown at http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Online_Cata...ectors_204.html

in case you aren't sure what I am talking about.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

TT

#3 ·
I just installed the same length stud in my 01 mxz 700. You can get by with 1 tunnel protector and cut it in half then take off about another inch on each piece (first slide them in to be sure.) The tunnel protectors do not run the full length of the tunnel. I feild tested mine, 168 pattern works good, if you want to keep the skis down sit normal, if you want about a foot and a half wheelie lean way back. It's fun but it sucks with the skis in the air when you are cornering in the woods. At least you can control it to do what you want. I dropped the top gear by 2 and installed a clutch kit, it really pulls kicking in @ 5,000 awsome up and back shift!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.