Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, well, i guess I'm new to the snowmobile sport as we type. i just bought a ski doo which is a bit older but in really good shape. i know its a heavier one but at this price you can't beat it and as long as i can ride its all good. but i would like to know if their is a site out their were i can download a manual for this thing free. yea i know I'm cheap but if theirs a site out their that offers them why not? long story short i put this thing together after it was taken apart to have the engine for a kart, luckily i stopped that idea. so thats were I'm at. here is a pic of the sled if the forum lets me post it.

after i put this sled together i took it out for a trial run on the backyard grass and just about s#@t in my pants. hit the throttle and front end came off the ground like 5 foot. didn't expect that to happen. then the second run i hit the throttle again and kept the front off the ground for a bit before coming back down. and i was leaning front and weigh about 375. to me, thats some real torq. well, enough bore. if anyone knows about a site with the free downloads please let me know. thanks.

this is how i bought it.

and this is what I've done.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
thanks alot guys. i just had it out again in the grass and man, what s rush. again, thanks [/b]
Your hooked, just like us.. :thumbsup: I'm a female and love and i mean LOVE this sport.. There's nothing like it..

Snow4

·
Registered
670 Posts
I owned one of those sleds for several years and they are fast. Granted on the grass it will hook a lot better then in the snow (especially deep stuff with the low front end clearance on that machine). The one I had was EFI which it didn't appear at first glance that yours was. I had a really hard time finding out much info about mine because that was a special anniversary addition sled with the EFI and they made a very limited number of them. I took it to several Doo dealers when I started having some trouble with it and they had never seen or heard of them. The only problem I had whatsoever was EFI related and that was an intermittent problem. The sled still ran strong but it got to were I couldn't depend on it to take somewhere on a long trip so I had to let it go. I did go to Amazon and got a repair manual for that sled that was full of info and I think it was only about 15-20 bucks.

I had the black windshield with the red seat and I thought it looked good. That was the sled that got me hooked back in 1995

1 - 10 of 10 Posts