Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a 2002 zr cross country and barely have had any snow time to play with it. But could someone refresh my memory on how the front arm dial adjuster works. Is it clockwise or counterclockwise to increase ski pressure. I've never used this before and was wondering if it really does noticeably affect handling\weight transfer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Clockwise - more ski presure.

Yes you can notice a difference.  For trail riding I tighten mine up to keep my ski's planted.  For lake riding or playing in powder I loosen it up.

newf

·
Registered
3 Posts
You don't want to hit a large bump with the shock fully compressed (clockwise) it can damage the shock.Only a couple turns clockwise to be safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the replies. Just yesterday I turned 100 miles and as I stopped to get gas I noticed my sled sitting funny. The front shock was blown. Then on the way home some ignition wires somehow were severed and I had the pleasure of being towed home through the ditch by my buddies ski-doo. The dealer I talked to later said that alot of cross countries were coming back with problems with the front shock and/or the whole dial adjust apparatus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thats why there will be no adjusters for 2003. I don't think most dealers tell buyers the proper way to use them or how to service the shock. Watch out for ice building up on your braided lines, it can cause them to break at the fittings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts