Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use those red, yellow or black shock covers on their front shocks? Do they really do anything or are they just cosmetic?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
They are purely cosmetic. They just protect your shocks from damage and outside wear.

·
Registered
664 Posts
They look sweet and they protect your shock springs from getting chipped and somewhat helps them from rusting. In my experience at least.

·
Registered
530 Posts
They just look cool. That's pretty much all you'll get out of them. They may protect your springs from rocks and such, but those things are powder coated, and that stuff is pretty tough.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
they will help keep some of the salt off if you do alot of trailering on an open trailer

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well from what everone has said it sounds like they are more than cosmetic, if it keeps dirt, salt, ect. off of your shocks they will protect them and thats more than just looking good.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have them on my doo 700, and my shocks still look like new.

FZ700

·
Registered
767 Posts
Mostly cosmetic, but good when trailering, It keeps the shocks from getting full of Ice and salt. I like the looks though, and for only $15 it's a cheap mod. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi!
It saves the shockseals if u trailering with a open trailer in salty or sandy conditions. I use them at the trailer, but take them of when i done trailering.

Norwegian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts