Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine are clear and don't appear as though rubbing will be an issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a standard f7 / i saw a snow pro at my dealer and it's shock springs did not get larger at the top like mine do it had a good 1/4 inch clearance i do not like how they rub can i shim the top of the shock over just a bit or is it ok they rub a bit i would just like to know if any one with a standard f7 is the same as mine PLEASE let me know im sure cat know's it's ok but i want to know if any one else see's this problem

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Its only OK if your willing to put up with it. Sounds like they need to either figure out the problem or change yours over to the sno-pro springs. If yours rub you can bet lots of others do the same. Keep at em!
Rick.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why not try inverting your shock/spring like the Sno Pro's. Can't hurt. I will look at my bud's Patriot compared to my Sno Pro F7 and see what I can see.

Sno Pro setup

Standard setup

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Looks like they just plain goofed on the stn setup (or put the springs on upside down). Does it look like enough clearance to invert the spring? From the picture it looks like there isn't.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what if you fliped the whole shock around ? less unsprung weight ?? the standard in the picture is just like mine so yes i bet their are alot more like it i think i will try to flip the spring over and see how it looks . thank's for your replys

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I don't own one but would be very interested as to what you find. Please post your results. :)
Rick.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i rode my f7 this weekend . this sled rocks !!! almost fliped it over !! i chould not belive the power diff between my 00 zr . my shock springs have about a 1/4 inch clearance now guess they just had to find there resting point :D i don't think it will be a problem ? but now i wounder about the tunnel cracking??? and the sway bar it only makes sence it lifts the inside ski when in a cornner it should turn better without it !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts