Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Get it to a warm place and thaw it out!!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Is it the fuel system.

Pump, Carbs.

Or is it the engine is so cold you cant pull it over.

If your in a ruch to go riding and the problem is the pump one solution if you cant get it in a heated garage is to pour some hot water on it. Start with warm water so you dont crack it. Then have someone pull it as your poaring. Once it gets going you have to run it till all the water is evaporated or you will face bigger problems.

If you arnt in a rush just pour some gasline antifreeze in the tank and let it sit. At that temp you should be adding gasline anti a lot.

This method saved my buddy a few times last year.

A mess...

·
Registered
533 Posts
What kind of cat?

It gets pretty cold here too. On some cats, like the fan cooled and the ZL550, you had to install a larger fuel fuel line from the tank to the pump. This helps in reducing the buildup of mosture in the line due to the extreme cold.

I had to do this on my sister-in-law's Z440, it would constancly freeze up when the needle dipped below -30c.

newf

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You guys need to move somewhere warmer. I've been in some environmental chambers here at work at those temps. And its nuts. :doh:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
if it is that cold you may want to instal a heater in the raditor hose(had one on my 650 wildcat). the other thing you can do is take out the plugs put in a tablespoon full of gas, put plugs back in. crank it over and it shpuld start on the first pull. i have done this on my zrts when it has been -20 in mn.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Another thing to keep it from freezing up .... get a trouble light put it under the hood and put your cover on for the night ... That will keep it from freezing . As for your trouble right now ..... haha get the hair dryer out start warming it up ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts