Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(venting...)

Well, after countless hours spent moving to a new server, transferring databases, picking line by line through hundreds and hundreds of files of code, tweaking, and attempting to fix countless bugs, the new server appears to be failing under the load.

Our problem is not new, very few server hosts even want to attempt to host a site with over 100 concurrent forum connections, not to mention over 8.5 million hits a month.

In our search for better servers, we erroneously thought that we had found one that would be able to support this site. We figured wrong. Today, at 65 forum user connections and 12 gigs of transfer already, the server gave up and went south for the winter. Spending hours with tech support, we have come to the painful conclusion that our only alternative at this time is a dedicated server/raq.

We absolutely grit our teeth when the word dedicated server is used. This is a VERY expensive option for a free web site to handle.

The purpose of this post is to just inform our users as to what our issues are at this time. Our time is limited at the moment, as we do not have much time to get this site off of this shaky server, and we can't go back to the one we had before. Unfortunately, our previous server host was actaully glad to see us go. The shear load that this site was causing was actually slowing down the rest of their 3000 sites that they host. We used more gigabytes of transfer per month that all 3000 sites combined.

As we look for options on budgeting a dedicated server, we will post more info to let users know the status of this situation and the hard decisions that may come with it.

I appreciate everyone's patience will this ongoing problem.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
swwebmaster,
 well let's sell a couple stickers and turn up some loot. maybe have a stag with entertainment.  

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sorry everyone,I may be a big part of this problem. I guess being on this site 23 hrs a day doesn't help
. Why is this site so addictive anyway?

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mxz7,
 who did you think i was getting for entertainment ? and you'll get a free ticket !

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mxz7,
 how far along ? she might still be better than some of ours. LOLBT  

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Paul,we also have some cows here in Wisconsin.lol  Wifey is due in June so she is definetly showing,but not as fat as some of the pigs I saw at Wal-Mart yesterday.I tell ya,fat chicks in sweatpants make me puke.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
mxz7,
 frustrating or what ? do their sweat pants look like a garbage bag full of corn flakes ? when they walk does it look like two boys fighting under a blanket ? lol  

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Ughhhh,i was attempting to eat lunch and read some educational and informative posts on this fine site.Now my appetite is gone as a graphic image flashed through my mind at pauls comment(like a garbage bag full of corn flakes).I don't know if i'm sickened by this but i'll let you know when i stop laughing.I heard you guys liked the fluffy girls,the ones that you gotta roll in flour.lmao

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I would pay to see Paul do stand up but you have to wait till I get the tears out of my eyes from laughing.I don't know if I can handle anymore jokes like that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
After laughing my a... off   I have to admit  he is funier than bob hope    and he got paidto tell jokes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts