Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone: have a 1994 grand touring (467) just bought a month ago. having severe power problems at low end to the point it will not even take off-just kinda bogs. if you wait for a short time it will take off and work great between 40 and 70 clicks nothing after that. vm433 and vm 434 carbs. carbs were worked on as the nylon seat for needle valve was on top of c clip on mag side and needle valve c clip was at number 2 position and the service manual says 3rd position. changed them and made machine worse. i would like to know how one would tell the difference in the two carbs to ensure they are on the proper sides thanks in advance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Are you sure it is the motor and not the clutch?

Weak spring in the primary can cause the clutch to engage to early.

Other than that, have you done a compression test on both cylinders?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it is the motor and not the clutch?

Weak spring in the primary can cause the clutch to engage to early.

Other than that, have you done a compression test on both cylinders?
NOT PERSONALLY(opps) but nephew did-motor was rebuilt prior to him buying it. compression was great. have half an idea mag and pto carbs got switched after reading this forum and the service manual. thanks so much for your reply.
any more thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also your post now makes me have second thoughts as when i pull the starter cord i can hear a pawl in the cluth on the engine as if the spring is broke!????

·
Registered
268 Posts
With the track off the ground, can you get it up to 7k RPM or 70-80 MPH?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts