Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rotax 800 Twin engine for sale, comes with stator, primary clutch, pull cord. Needs Lower Crank Case half and Pistons. $500 Firm

Petro

·
Registered
399 Posts
What year???

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a Rotax 800 Twin engine for sale, comes with stator, primary clutch, pull cord. Needs Lower Crank Case half and Pistons. $500 Firm

Petro[/b]
"NEEDS LOWER CASE HALF"Is a bit of an under statement!!!!
I bought this engine from Derek and through some questions found out that the crank threw a rod and smacked the lower case and cracked it.
He also stated that one cyl needed to be re-nicked.
We settled on a lower price for the engine and that was fine.....
He delivered the engine to Windsor where he was to be on a golf outing with his buds,which is where I picked it up.
I should have took the head off there, to look at the bad cyl, but didn't because he and his buds were in a hurry and he seemed like a trust worthy person.
When I had a look at the inside of the engine at home,there was a chunk missing out of the bad cyl as well as a crack in it.
The top case half had a hole in it ,which was not mentioned also,"which is where the coolant was comming from Derek".
Now I know there's the old saying "BUYER BEWARE" but there is also an unwritten code of ethecs among snowmobilers.I guess you are not one of them!
Shame!! on me for not taking the head off with him there before I gave him the money,but he seemed trust worthy enough
I just wanted to let YOU all know how this guy operates with selling sled parts.
This engine was taken apart before I got it because there was no base gasket on it ,so he either picked it up from someone who told him what was wrong with it, and didn't look himself,or was just trying to off it.But judging from his response when trying to contact him by phone and e-mail,which was "none"....I guess that tells the story, and is why this post.
Either way its not right.
Look at the original post for selling this boat anchor......
Think twice about buying anything from him,but if you do,ask a LOT OF QUESTIONS!!!!
Hope you and your buds had a good time at Sinbads, Derek.

P.S. The recoil is baffed to!!
Give me a call if you have the nutz!!........Didn't think so!!!

Gary

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry to hear about this.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts