Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent seen any posts lately bout the 07/750 FST IQ.
Gas mileage?
Top Speed?
Reliability?
Dont kno if im ready fer 4 stroke yet,but wifey likesem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I cant say from experience as I dont own the sled but many people are having some major problems with the sled. Its not getting warm enough, fouling plugs, and getting loads of gas in the oil.

On Polaris files there is some serious debate going on about why the problems are happening. Some say its just that the thermostat isnt hot enough, some say its because of crankcase ventilation issues, and I personally feel that its because of the extremely undersized turbo spooling to soon causing the ecu to dump in way to much fuel at low RPM's where it cant vaporize and burn, then just gets pushed past the piston rings after it puddles around the piston.

And even one person is trying to start legal action against Polaris.

So in my oppinion, until they get all of those causes for the problem fixed I honestly wouldnt consider the FST as a possible new sled for yourself; however, if they get the problems fixed, you and I both will be buying an FST.

Check out the FST forums on polarisfiles.com

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I do know that friends of mine that have the 06 FST's with all the updates are happy with their machines this years. No issues so far, pretty good on gas and good power. A little heavy perhaps, and nobody likes the sound, but they do seem to be running well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do know that friends of mine that have the 06 FST's with all the updates are happy with their machines this years. No issues so far, pretty good on gas and good power. A little heavy perhaps, and nobody likes the sound, but they do seem to be running well.[/b]
Yeah but you have an 07 dragon and I have an 07 600 cfi. I can almost be we are happier with our choices.

BTW... what are you getting for milage on the dragon? I am only getting 10-12 on the 600.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Oh I know I'm happier, and certainly 100% happier then if I had bought the FST. It's not the sled I'd chose, that's for sure.

I'm getting about 10 mpg (And I'm talking Canadian gallons), far, far less then I was led by Polaris to believe I'd get. My dealer keeps telling me that Polaris is coming out with a reflash which will help with the milage, but it seems like winter is going to be over before they address the issue. I'd be more then happy with 14-15 mpg, and there's no reason I shouldn't expect that with fuel injection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts