Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 Polaris 600 XLT is leaking fuel into my carbs when it sets any lenght of time. Is this normal for this model? I did install a new fuel shut off. The old one was broke. I can't believe $23.95 for the Polaris fuel shut off. Briggs & Stratton $6.95. I did take the carbs off and clean them and check the float levels they were right on. Needle and seats are likly the problem. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 96 Polaris 600 XLT is leaking fuel into my carbs when it sets any lenght of time. Is this normal for this model? I did install a new fuel shut off. The old one was broke. I can't believe $23.95 for the Polaris fuel shut off. Briggs & Stratton $6.95. I did take the carbs off and clean them and check the float levels they were right on. Needle and seats are likly the problem. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem?[/b]

I've replace several dozen needles and seats on sleds like the 96 xlt. Its a pretty common problem. Make sure the new n/s you get have a viton tip (rubber). Replace them and clean the carbs while you're at it. Might want to pull the crankcase drain plugs to drain any gas that ran in there as well. If you need more info, just ask. -Polaris Doc

·
Registered
15 Posts
This issue should really be put in a "sticky" topic to encourage people to read it. So many folks have trouble with the carbs leaking on the XLT's, and probably other 500's as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts