Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, theres 2 carbs theres 2 fuel pumps... does the 2 fuel pumps go into 1 fuel line then split once going into another 2 lines where it meets the carbs?
it looks like it did but this sled is a fire refuge soo im not certian... also there is 2 fuel line ports on the tank do 1 go to the pumps and the other go to the return lines over flows on the carbs??
also how reliable are these fuel pumps...??? comin to break?? would somthing inside have melted in the fire..?
now it runs if i prime the cyl for like a sec or 2 then dies .. not getting fuel i got the wiring all fixed and workin great ... i got tons of compression... soo yea but when i llook at the fuel line its not drawing fuel soo i dont think the lines are hooked up right...
soo anyone has ever done this fuel lines on this sled lemme know how they go.. plez.... also how hard is it to wire thumb warmers and hand warmers in... input on this i rewired this whole sled soo i can wire but i think that there is settings ?? for temps..??
also where is the primer fuel drawin from..? also how good of a idea is it to eliminate the return line and have the over flow run to the bottom of the pan..???
thanx for all help
Gear Head

·
Registered
184 Posts
you should have 2 "t's". Group two fuel pump nipples together with that "t", and that will go to one carb. Group the last pair of nipples together with the other "t" and that will go to the other carb. pm me if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yep,

There's a plastic diaphragm in the fuel pumps with rubber gaskets. Sounds like something that could melt in a fire. Might be worth taking them appart for a look-see. Just remember the way they go back together....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you should have 2 "t's". Group two fuel pump nipples together with that "t", and that will go to one carb. Group the last pair of nipples together with the other "t" and that will go to the other carb. pm me if you have any other questions.[/b]

omg thanx i have been scratching my head can't get it now this makes sence....

im pretty sure the fuel pumps are fine because it runs it just runs like ### and won't stay running if i try to take off it boggs out... not enough fuel...

also how does the primer get hooked up and from where do i draw rthe fuel... also there are 2 nipples on the fuel tank and i cannot figure out what the second one goes 2 do they go one nipple per fuel pump kinda idea...??

right now i have them run off 1 nipple and a T at the pump where i split it and ran too each pump... and the other nipple has a line with a shut off valve i have been blowing into to prime the system... lol :whatever: its rough but its my primer ... also

Thanx for all the help ..... Gear Head

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i got all that fixed and its ride able now but get it too start is like a 40min chore any ideas on whats wrong... plugs can they change the heat...?... i think my carbs are clean they looked clean...? i blew them out .. it seems as though i have goood spark...
once i get it running it seems to start fine... also how do i tell if my oil system is working i lifted the oil arm and tryed to smoke it out kinda thing nothing happened...
is there any way without running the machine for a long period of time to see if my oil system is working because i dont wanna over heat or worse burn somthing up/.... also wats the rear suspention travel supposed to be like is seems to me that it has next to none for travel... any way to check this..?? now when i get this sled running it seems to smoke ALOT but not white smoke its black and the plugs have a nice black look to them... now would weak spark cause a hard to start .. i dont think weak spark would be the problem just because once it runns it runs fine and amazing .. and it just doesnt seem like the issue...
now also i sprayed my carbs out with carb cleaner..
a have also poured a little bit of oil in with the gas just because i was worryed about the no oil thing ... and off wat looks to be a oil pump above the carbs there seems to be 2 1/8th inch lines that go to the bottom of the pan but i still do not know where they go because they are melted.. any help..?? could this be a oil problem .. also im willin to convert this sled to mixed gas but i need so where to start on to as to wat i need to mix my gas at and i will play with it from there ... but i do not even know where to start.. also there seems to be a few sensors and other wireing things on the oil system is it ok to do away with the oil system...?
how do i get rid of these sensors is it ok just to cut them out..??

thanx for all the help
Gear Head :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts