Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sled idles high (at rest), which makes it difficult to engage into gear (fwd/rev). Can be corrected (reduce RPM) when I move the control cable? slighty to one side (single cable that runs from the choke control, then splits into two cables that connect directly to the carb system). However, If I move the cable(s) too much, it will stall. Don't see any way to make adjustments unless I play around with the choke switch? Also, sled seems to sputter slightly at half throttle, and again at full throttle. Not bad, but clealrly not a clean or smooth rev. Sometimes I can punch it and it's fine, hooks up well but as soon as it gets going and I hit full throttle, I can hear a slight sputter again...as if it's running too rich or flooding? 90% of the time, I'm not getting the speed or power it should be delivering. Top speed on flats is only 30 mph??? No problems starting the sled, fires right up, stays running and motor sounds good overall. Changed the spark plugs, but no difference. I'm new to snowmobiles and was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sent you a PM.... and a long one at that.
One thing I didn't mention in that PM is that these Ventures are really good on gas if you're just cruising around.... but if you ride em hard.... they will most definately be PIGS on gas.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts