Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. I have a 2002 ZR600 EFI that will idle fine and then will bog and die when the throttle is pinned. I hooked up a fuel pressure guage and it looses pressure when this happens. I checked all hoses in and out of tank and they are good, replaced fuel pump because it makes a cavitation noise when this happens, fuel tank is full. I also cleaned power valves and check cable adjustments, they are fine. So it is still making the noisy fuel pump noise and loosing fuel pressure. I have checked the voltage output while running and it is fine. Please, any help would be great. Thanks, Bryan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It sounds like the smart valves are plugged. Everyone I know with an 02' ZR has had this problem. I heard there is a residue from the molding process that is the culprit. The noisy fuel pump is from it running dry. Sorry to say you probably didn't have to replace it. You can fish out one of the smart valves from the tank with a wire for a quick fix on the trail, but the second valve has a shorter line and requires removal of the fuel pump assembly. Carb cleaner seemed to work pretty well for cleaning the filter on the valves. I recommend flushing your tank with carb cleaner too so you don't have to go through this again down the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts