Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an arctic cat 440 and im having problems with my fuel lines... i have gas flow through the main line...(out of the tank) but it isnt in the rest of the lines going to the carbs. could it be the fuel pump, and is there any way to test that? if not wut else can i check?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Two things to check; check the impulse line from the crankcase to the fuel pump. If it has cracks or is broken, the fuel pump wont' pump.

Then pull the fuel lines off the carbs and put them into a clear container. Pull the rope a few times. If you dont' get fuel, it's the pump. If you do get fuel, check the inlet needle/seats on the carbs, they could be sticking.

Fuel pumps are easy to rebuild, and kits are inexpensive and available at any snowmobile catalog place. I get a lot of my parts from Dennis Kirk, good service, fast delivery, shipping is free with orders over 100 bucks.

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Remove the fuel lines from the carbs, remove the fuel cap, form a seal around the filler neck and blow (with your mouth) into the tank. Do you get fuel out of the lines?

Double check the fuel shutoff for proper functioning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts