Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Towards the end of last years season,my fuel tank cracked just below the threads on the filler cap.
Me and my buddy tried to glue the crack with a 2 component glue. didnt work ! We then took off the tank, drained it, and used a sodering bolt to melt it together. worked like a charm.

Just bought a new snowmobile mag yesterday and guess what , recall on the tank !!! Called my dealer and he said no problem , bring it in and they will put in a new tank free of charge !

Anyone else go through the same thing ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Towards the end of last years season,my fuel tank cracked just below the threads on the filler cap.
Me and my buddy tried to glue the crack with a 2 component glue. didnt work ! We then took off the tank, drained it, and used a sodering bolt to melt it together. worked like a charm.

Just bought a new snowmobile mag yesterday and guess what , recall on the tank !!! Called my dealer and he said no problem , bring it in and they will put in a new tank free of charge !

Anyone else go through the same thing ?[/b]
Yup, we were just at the dealer today and they said that Polaris is replacing the tanks but they are in short supply.. they tried a repair a sleeve type attachment that was listed in a previous tech release and some of those (most of them) have cracked and they are replacing the tanks
It will depend on your dealer how or if it gets done but if you stay on them it will eventually get replaced...

·
Registered
63 Posts
yup the dealer put one in my friends fusion last year. now they sent him another recall notice for it again. hes gonna call and make sure its a mistake, and not a second redesign of the tank.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had the first recall done, where they added a sleeve to the filler neck. That didn't work as mine has now fully cracked and I get a crotch full of gasoline as I ride. My dealer still doesn't have the tank.

This is typical Polaris service... half a*sed engineering work and dealers that treat customers like they are doing them a favor to fix the junk they sell. I am from MN, want desperately to support the home state company/local economy, but am getting fed up. All 3 of the sleds I've owned have been Polaris, but the XP is looking better and better...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the first recall done, where they added a sleeve to the filler neck. That didn't work as mine has now fully cracked and I get a crotch full of gasoline as I ride. My dealer still doesn't have the tank.

This is typical Polaris service... half a*sed engineering work and dealers that treat customers like they are doing them a favor to fix the junk they sell. I am from MN, want desperately to support the home state company/local economy, but am getting fed up. All 3 of the sleds I've owned have been Polaris, but the XP is looking better and better...[/b]

Have a 2004 Polaris Supersport 550. Got recall notice and ordered a new fuel tank from Polaris dealer and installed it myself. However, when I put the seat back on, I notice that it does not sit flush with tank and there is a gap between seat and gas tank - anyone else have this problem? According to dealer, tank ordered was proper one for my vin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts