Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that cutting out the closed windows and fully clipping 3rd window closed tracks gives you more speed.  I have also heard just the opposite.  What do you guys think?  Has anyone tested this out?  Also, does anyone know where to get the ribbed track clips? I have heard that these also add top speed.  Thanks

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
A while back I had a thread asking about removing every other
clip on a fully clipped track. It turned out more of talk about fully clipping the 1/3 window. I talked to people that actually did this to the 1/3 window on and off line and ALL agreed after fully clipping they had more M.P.H.
It only make sence, rubber and hifax dont work well together! I have only owned one 1/3 window track and it was by far the worst for melting hifax! They say the idea of this design is to hold more snow in but the snow has to get in their first!
My thinking of this design is it's cheaper to produce thus keeping cost's down.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The ribbed clips are readily avail. from any camoplast dealer. Yes I have found speed increases by fully clipping a 1/3 clip track w/ribbed clips. I have about 100 clips in stock now.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sled-head, I used to do that years ago and I found only dis-advantages to it #1 being it traps dirt and stones in the holes and wears the clips out twice as fast.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts